Grant Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for one of our grants, please make yourself familiar with the Eligibility Criteria below.
An organisation is eligible to apply for a grant if all the following criteria are met:
- Has Deductible Gift Recipient status
- Is an incorporated body with:
- not for profit objectives; and
- a charitable purpose(s).
- The benefit afforded by the Trust is provided directly to recipients residing within the Brisbane City Council local government area by the organisation
- The organisation is registered with the appropriate regulatory body (ACNC, ASIC etc.) and operates in Australia
- The organisation intends to use the benefit for the endorsed purposes set out in their Deductible Gift Recipient status and in accordance with their constitution.
- The organisation is located or provides services within the Brisbane City Council local government area.
INELIGIBILITY GRANT CRITERIA
The following are ineligible applicants:
- Employees of the Brisbane City Council
- Employees and relatives of the Lord Mayor and the Directors of the Trustee of the Trust
- Government or semi-government organisations
- Unions and student guilds
- Professional associations
- Investors of the Trust and their associated entities
- Organisations registered as a company limited by shares; and
- Organisations that are Public Ancillary Funds.
Organisations which are not eligible to apply for a grant in their own right cannot apply for a grant through an eligible organisation. In the same way, an organisation cannot apply on behalf of another eligible organisation. To remove doubt, auspicing arrangements with and between organisations will not be considered.
The following are ineligible applications:
- Applicant with outstanding acquittals from previous rounds
- Capital funding for infrastructure building; and
- Any activity that does not provide a direct benefit to the community such as;
- General salaries or wages
- Marketing costs and materials including social media
- Rent and lease costs
- Administration expenses
- Repayment of debts or loans
- Items purchased from overseas suppliers
- Any activity that cannot be clearly and transparently acquitted
- Any other operational costs of the organisation
Please email us at LMCT@brisbane.qld.gov.au if you have any questions about eligibility.